Barely hanging on to my faith

I really feel as if I am falling away from the faith. I have so many questions about the Bible, but nobody can answer them to my satisfaction. It's a challenge remaining in the faith when you don't have God actively supporting you. I used to have some love, joy and peace in the beginning, but after I sinned against the Spirit, all of that went away and now it's just a struggle. I have the obligation to stay in the faith so I don't go to hell for sure, but I don't receive the benefits of Christianity such as abundant life, peace, joy, love and the rest of the fruit of the Spirit, among other things. 

It feels like God is holding a grudge against me and wants me to fall away. Because He is barely lifting a finger to encourage me to continue in the faith. To be fair I did have two encouraging songs that came on my YouTube playlist at the right time, so maybe that was from God. I am mainly holding on because I have experienced a personal miracle that I believe was from God, and I don't want to go to hell. I still have some fear of God and a little faith. 

But perhaps I am one of those false converts who never had salvific faith to begin with, as it does say in 1 John 2:19 that those who walk away were never real Christians. But I am not ready to do that, I want to give God a fair shake and the benefit of the doubt, and allow Him time to rescue me from this situation. I'm not asking for a six figure job and a multi-million dollar mansion, I just want to have some love, peace and joy in my life, the fruit of the Spirit, as it should be for any true believer. Because I feel that I cannot even serve God properly in this state. If somebody looks at me, and what has happened to me after I became a Christian, they would want to stay away from Jesus.

Support my work

Did you find this post informative or enjoyable? Consider supporting my work here.

Comments

  1. What did you do that make you think you committed the unforgivable sin?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I became a hikikomori and later a hermit

Why I no longer believe in Christianity

Life has a purpose, but seems to lack objective meaning

Why I have become a doomer and been blackpilled

From agnostic to Christian to monotheist (leaving the door open for Jesus)